Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Off to tourney!

So I've started many blogs lately - one on discovering my hamstrings, one on rediscovering the penalty box - but they are all sitting there unfinished.  
Instead I've been focusing on getting ready for the first ever New Zealand derby tournament!  Yep - crosstraining my ass off and mastering all those techniques and strategies that I need to be at my best.....
Hang on...nope, that's not what I've been doing at all......instead I've been fighting off the worst cold ever, missing way too much training because of it and still not able to do more than a few laps without having a coughing fit....arrrrgggghhhh!
Far from the ideal build up.  But it's happened and I'll have to roll with it. 
I will play the best I can and have an awesome time.  
I will nearly double my bout experience in one day!  So much learning and so many great people to meet from other leagues. 
On top of that I get three whole days break from housework and childcare (yes I do love my children and no I don't feel guilty for looking forward to a few days away from them.  No matter how much someone loved their job they wouldn't be expected to love doing it every hour of every day...end of feminist rant....), a day shopping in Wellington (where I'm sure I will nervously avoid all tall brickish buildings) and just generally hanging out with some of my favourite people.
Bring it on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment