Sunday, October 28, 2012

Sneaky Epiphanies

Sometimes you go looking for them - you might be confused about something or maybe you can't seem to find the missing piece that will make it all make sense. 
Then other times they sneak up on you.  
You're doing your everyday business and they tap you on the shoulder out of nowhere and rudely butt into your life. 
This was one of the second type.  
I was working through some chairpersony exec stuff on the computer when suddenly a big loud epiphany wrote itself in bold capitals across my brain....


IT'S ONLY A GAME.

Hmmm...whatever do you mean??


IT'S ONLY A GAME.


Are you sure? Are you sure it's not the reason for my existence?  

Nope.

Do you mean my life shouldn't revolve around this league? 

Nope. 

I don't need to pour my heart and soul into it so that it can run smoothly and happily and grow and become stronger and awesome-er and have a super duper venue of it's own and join WFTDA and play leagues from far away lands and host bootcamps taught by living legends and save the world from eternal damnation???!

Nope.  

But my leaguemates are the most amazing women and so much fun to be with and have taught me how to be part of a team and work together with people completely different than me.

Yep.

And my depression is so much better than it's ever been before and I'm so much fitter and stronger and healthier.  

Yep.

And I've learnt so much about myself and not giving up and facing my fears.


Yep.  
It is a funtastic, amazing, challenging, even life changing, game but still...... IT IS ONLY A GAME. 


She's right you know....it's only a game people.


1 comment: